Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Starry Night

Here is my DT layout for ARTastic for October. The artist for the month is Vincent Van Gogh and the artwork is "Starry Night". This is my second layout... the first attempt included lots of swirly paint and it didn't turn out the way I had hoped. I am so happy that I had another go... it looks much better and is more my style. You can find out more about ARTastic's challenge here!

I was inspired by Van Gogh's use of bold bright colours and tried to reflect this by using yellow and different shades of blue. I used white bazzill as a base to act as a canvas and I used flourishes to reflect the swirls and movement in the night sky. Thanks for stopping by! xxx

3 comments:

Marisa said...

wow I love your take on the challenge! Gorgeous colours and how sweet is that photo...

Anonymous said...

I love this ... fab idea for the flourishes - great interpretation.
Me? I am stuck with this one(:
Tracy :)

Anonymous said...

What an interesting idea...to take palette and inspiration from Van Gogh to creat a scrappage :)